Author Topic: HPS Points of Concern  (Read 7767 times)

Libby

HPS Points of Concern
« on: July 26, 2016, 10:08:21 PM »
Having deliberated over the two Pension options available, I have drawn the conclusion that the Trustees have failed in their duty of care to protect pension members through their underhanded decision to seek approval for the HPS2 scheme without our initial consent. This suggests that the Trustees sought  only to protect jobs and not pensioners income. Before I make my final decision I would appreciate some advice or answers on the following points:

1. Why have the Trustees, Halcrow and Ch2hill not been brought for questioning by the Oension Select Committee, given the high deficit and actions taken?

2. Why do the Trustees have authority or indeed the legal right to refuse a third option of a Transfer-ou-Value for pension members, given their failings in trust, decision making and breach of contract to provide me with a final salary pension and a 5 percent yearly increase?

3. Can I opt for A Transfer-Out-Value under PPF?

4. Have any of the Trustees taken Transfer-Out Values on their own pensions since the CH2 acquisition and is this legal?

5. How are CH2/Halcrow legally allowed to set up a Pheonix Company purely to fail and enter PPF? How is this legal? If under insolvency administration will imminent pension claims be protracted for payment.

6. I am close to normal retirement age . i.e. 4yrs and fail to understand why I have only been offered a 1 percent uplift given that 4yrs is little time for me to try to increase my pension pot?

7. Will the Temporay component if my pension be paid under HPS2?

8. Does the HPS2 scheme currently exist as a pension scheme under CH2hill or Halcrow?

Thank you in advance!

Tony Green

Re: HPS Points of Concern
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 09:49:03 AM »
Hi Libby
I think if you look around the HPA website and forum you can find answers to your main questions.

I am a similar time from the retirement age though that will probably be delayed - actually as an engineer I like working whilst I can. My thoughts would be that most of the Halcrow current and former staff just would like a reasonable option that has an inflation allowance on their main qualifying years. It doesnt seem we are being offered that so I am grateful to Steve and others of HPA for sticking their necks out and trying to get something better.  You may be being a bit harsh on the HPS trustees as someone said elsewhere I do believe they are decent people but in my view were out maneuvered by CH2M and we have been let down by a complacent Pensions Industry as far as the RAA process has allowed the formation of a shell company so that it can be put into the PPF. 
Tony Green
ex BP Water 1990-2001 :)

Libby

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:20:52 AM »
Thank you Tony. I too am very grateful to HPA for their diligence.

Jane Tordoff

• HPA Secretary
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:48:06 PM »
Can I suggest that those reading these posts look at the "News" category.  You will find the latest news on the legal case.