Author Topic: Moving abroad - any advice gratefully received!  (Read 5533 times)

tomedwards99

Moving abroad - any advice gratefully received!
« on: August 13, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »
Hi - apologies in advance if this is not the right place to ask this question!

I am a former employee of Halcrow who left the company about 8 years ago.  I was advised at the time to retain my pension (i.e. not transfer it into my new employers pension scheme) so did just that.  I am now planning to move to USA to get married, and plan to stay there for 2-3 years at least... but there is a chance I could stay there permanently.

Can anyone give me any recommendations regarding my Halcrow pension? Or if nothing else some contact details for someone at Halcrow/CH2M who can advise me?  I have not heard anything from Halcrow during the previous 8 years, but assume my pension is linked to me via my National Insurance number?

Many thanks for any advice!
Cheers, Tom

finneyb

Re: Moving abroad - any advice gratefully received!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 10:56:19 PM »
Tom,

Pension advice is best from an independent professional.

The Pension Manager is Paula Gibbons and she is based at Burderop Park Swindon SN4 0QD, Paula will be able to tell you the options that are available to you, but I don't think is able to advise on which option you should take.

Hope that helps

Brian
I've done so much with so little for so long; that I'm now qualified to do anything with almost nothing

John Ratsey

• Administrator
  • HPA Webmaster
    • Halcrow Pensioners Association
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:28:49 PM »
I'm sure the email address of pensionsteam (at) halcrow.com still works.

tomedwards99

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 03:35:15 PM »
Many thanks to you both for the advice.
Tom