Author Topic: Shares  (Read 7436 times)

DavidA

Shares
« on: January 28, 2017, 09:03:01 AM »
Apologies if this is off topic for this forum, but maybe somebody could comment anyway.

I am an ex Halcrow Middle East employee that held shares when I left them in 2008.  I n the course of several moves, the certificate was lost and I forgot all about them.  I have since retired.

I was recently contacted through Linkedin by an ex Halcrow senior manager who asked me to contact Peter Gammie by email.  It turned out that Peter wanted to enable me to receive the cash realised on the sale of my shares.  He has asked for my bank account details in order to pay me this amount.

In view of all of the scams going about now, and because I'm a cynical old engineer, I thought that I would double check that this is genuine.

So, is it?

Jane Tordoff

• HPA Secretary
Re: Shares
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:56:18 AM »
I would suggest you email Paula Gibbons at Paula dot Gibbons at CH2M dot com.  I would have doubts that Peter Gammie is involved anymore.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:08:38 PM by John Ratsey »

John Ratsey

• Administrator
  • HPA Webmaster
    • Halcrow Pensioners Association
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 01:06:58 PM »
This looks to be a loose end for the Halcrow Trust distribution of proceeds arising from the sale of Halcrow to CH2M Hill. Paula, as the pensions manager, is unlikely to have the answer but might know who, if anyone is responsible for the Halcrow Trust.

DavidA

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 01:47:54 PM »
Thank you both for the advice.  I have emailed Paula.

DavidA

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »
A quick word to say that Paula has confirmed that this is genuine.  ;D

Thanks, Peter!